Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"The Diary of Anne Frank" by Anne Frank


As you can tell from the title, this book is in fact the diary of Anne Frank, a young girl that died in a Concentration Camp during the Holocaust.

For her 13th birthday, Anne gets a diary and writes in it as much as she can for two years as her and 7 other hide out in "The Secret Annex" for 25 months. Through-out the book, Anne writes so many detailed entries that you feel as if you were there with Anne and talking with her.

I enjoyed this story very much. I got a very good feel of what the time period was like and how wretched WW2 was. I would rate this Non-Fiction book a 5 out of 5 stars and would recommend this book to any reader.

2 comments:

The Librarian said...

It is an amazing story. I was lucky enough to visit "The Secret Annex" many years ago when I was in Holland.

SnowPrincess13 said...

that's cool..i want to see it 2