Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Book The First, The Bad Begining" By Lemony Snicket

This book is the first book in the Series of Unfortunate Events. It is the first book the author, Lemony Snicket worked on, and should be the first one you read. It is a fictional tale of three children, Violet, Clause, and Sunny Baudelaire. Violet is the oldest and wears a ribbon in her hair when thinking, Clause is the middle child who is an extravagant reader, who has probably read more books than most people do in a life time, and Sunny is the youngest, and is a baby who enjoys to bite. The book starts with the three of them at Briney Beach, when they receive terrible news from their family's friend and financial advisor, Mr. Poe. The Baudelaire's parents have died in a fire that burned down their entire mansion. The three orphans then are forced to live with their uncle Count Olaf. The three Baudelaires soon discover that he is a cruel man, who is the leader of a theater troupe. I would recommend this book to those who do not mind books with no happy endings. I give this book a 5 of 5 stars, as I can read and reread it, and still feel the story.

3 comments:

The Librarian said...

Great job! These books have such a nifty "voice," don't they? What did you think of the movie adaptation?

SnowPrincess13 said...

I've seen the movie but not read the books. I know that their in alot of things happening in each book. The movie put all the books together which isn't how th movie should have been. I think I will read this series because I've heard it was good, just depressing. Hopefully this time I will read all of the 1st book before judging it, like I have did with this book before.

Sukeroku said...

Glad to have convinced you, snowprincess! I agree, the movie really stank.